Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Nutcracker

The Nutcracker - Tis the Season ...... is our challenge this fortnight at Creative Card Crew. What is it the season of, you ask. Well, for me, it is the season of watching the ballet - Nutcracker. I didn't take ballet as a child, but I did as an adult. I loved it!!!!!! They asked me if I wanted to be in the recital and I told them "Yes, I do." It was a bunch of 12 year old's and me. LOL

I had a wonderful time. The next year we had enough adults to do an adult tap and jazz class, plus another adult joined me and the 12 year old's in the ballet class. We did not do the nutcracker, but we had lovely dresses and I would have felt like a real ballerina; expect that I fell and broke my foot 2 weeks before the recital. I danced anyways - with the big, clunky boot!

My image is Sassy Designs and is colored with Copic's. I added Gemstones to the nutcracker's crown and Stickles to the dancer's bow, sash and blouse, which unfortunately, doesn't show in the photo much. I then fussy cut her.
My DP is Recollections, The Ballet. DP was inked with Ranger's distress inks in Forest Moss. Forest Moss is a little hard to find, but you can get it and many other crafting delights at our sponsor Simon Says Stamp.

My ribbon is MS, which I sprayed with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist, then scrunched. After it was dry, I tied the bow with my Bow Easy. The big green gemstones are Making Memories. I also added 3 tiny pearls to the bottom left of the card. I made a pin with varies beads and stuck it in the bow.

What is Tis the Season for you?

Deconstructing Jen # 29 Sketch
Do You Stack UP #48 Ties
Meljens Designs DT #87 In spirited by a song - The nutcracker suite
Southern Girls Challenge #35 Ribbon Madness
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #111 Colors of Christmas with sparkle
Fairytale-Challenge Blog #29 Christmas
Chocolate Coffee Cards #1 Celebrate
Simply Create Too #1 All about Christmas
Mami Doodles # Make it shine
Fussy and Fancy Challenge #51 Photo inspired
The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #163 Photo inspired
Crazy 4 Challenges #116 Christmas movie - The Nutcracker
Ribbon Girls # Christmas
Craft Your Passion Challenges # Glitter

15 comments:

  1. Such pretty card and gorgeous coloring! Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally beautiful Mari I love your colouring and such an elegant card! hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - love that image.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Mari, great image xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and sweet image, love the seam binding, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! I really like that stamp! Perfect for Christmas! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is an amazing card. Your coloring is fabulous. The bow is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge at CCCC. Good luck and hope to see you back.

    Hugz,
    Christine Dr at CCCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I love all the details. Brought back good memories from last weekend when I saw the Nutcracker ballett in Houston :-) Greetings from CCC DT member Ann Kristin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. Your colouring is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous take on the photo inspiration, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS a few more days left on my candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant, Mari! I love these Sassy Girls and you have done this one up right...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so very cute! I love your colouration and 3 little nutcrackers in the bagground! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely adorable and delightful creation

    thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just LOVE it!!! Just gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mari! This card is stunning! I love the pretty muted colors that you chose to work with and you have colored the image so beautifully!
    It's a gorgeous elegant card!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our photo inspiration challenge!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
    Warm Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete