Friday, March 23, 2012

Pink Wishes

For info on the vote for DT for Heartfelt Creations, please scroll down
Pink Wishes - It is time for another fun challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog. We are up to D and D is for...... Dry Embossing.

I went out of my comfort zone on this one and dry embossed on printed paper. I must say that I like the result, so I am sure that I will try it again soon. My folder is CB's Victoria.

DP is Pressed Petals, Baby Girl. I paired the DP with a bright green. Pink and Green is one of my favorite color combo's, so I was happy to use it here.



My flowers and tulle with pearls are from the wedding section at Hobby Lobby. It is one of my favorite area's to shop from. Everything from that department is so elegant and it just dresses up my crafts. My ribbon is from Pizzazz Aplenty. They have such great prices and the rolls are huge. I usually pay more for a small than what I paid for this roll of 25 yards for.
My image is Glenda Saturated Canary. I won her in a challenge. Glenda is colored with Copic's, then cut with a Spellbinders. I dry embossed and inked with tea dye distress ink.

I gave her dress and wand tip a coat of Stickles. What is a fairy witch without sparkle?
My Sentiment is Hot Off the Press, punched with a pair of SU punches. I was enjoying dry imbossing so much that I even embossed the sentiment. I was concerned that it would distract from the the sentiment, but I am very happy with it.
Pull out those embossing folders and come join us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Sunday Sketch and Stamp Sketch
Paper Sundaes #111 Photo Inspired
Corrosive Challenges by Janet #145 Fairy Tales - Glinda is the good withc from the Wizard of Oz
Paper Take Weekly #69 Bingo - Diecuts, Free, & Glitter
Top Tip Tuesday #72 Girly
C Inspirations #155 Anything Goes
My Mums Craft Shop Challenges #49 Digi
Divas By Design Challenge #27 Distressing
Cute Card Thursday #209 Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Mari this is gorgeous! I love the embellies and the gorgeous layout. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Really pretty and girly :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous and lovely colouring and actually I had to go buy her as you inspired me to spend more :)
    thank you
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card mARI; love the image and pretty embellishments.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love the colour combo and those lovely flowers. Thanks for playing at Mothersday/craftbuddy theme at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just darling!

    So glad you joined our Anything Goes Challenge at
    *Cute Card Thursday!*

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. I love your choice of colours and your colouring itself is gorgeous. Those flowers are just adorable. Thank you for joining us at MMCS. Hugs, Trudie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic! The Stickles are a nice touch because you're right - what's a fairy witch without sparkle! lol Wonderful layout and papers too! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card I love this one Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete