Friday, May 2, 2014

Fairy at Dusk


Fairy at Dusk - This is a new type of card for me. I have not really done much inking other than the edges. I watched a Stamp TV tutorial and really wanted to try my hand at it and I must say that I am pretty pleased with the way that it came out and I had the perfect excuse; as the challenge this week at Crafts 4 Eternity is to feature stamping in your project.

I used distress inks. I believe I used about a dozen different colors.


I did not mask out my fairy and the next time I will as the horizon line was a bit of a problem to hide. I use a color box pad for the fairy and as the horizon line was a problem, I used a water brush to push some of the ink out, then used the distress inks to paint in the fairy's skirt and the water where she is standing. Skickles was then my best friend to further hide the horizon line.


My fairy and sentiment stamp is Heritage Handcrafts.

Pile it on Challenge #17 Rubber Stamping
Challenges 4 Everybody #40 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges #211 Things that Fly
Card Mania Challenges #45 Fairies

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card!

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Friday.

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is So Beautiful!!! Fantastic colors.. love how they blend together!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete