Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crimson Rose


Crimson Rose - I adore this image by Michelle Perkett and she is the sale image this week at Michelle's Etsy shop. I love how her skirt looks like an upside down rose.
When I orginally planned this card, I was going to do her in yellow, because red is so hard to do and it bleeds so much, but the challenge this fortnight at Color Me Classroom (which is where I take online Copic classes at) was to use red or pink. This challenge was set preciely because red is so hard to work with; and I am so glad that I did use red. I love the depth of it. I did not add any Stickles because I wanted the richness of the crimson to be the main focus. DP is DCWV, the All Dressed Up stack.

I did add some bling to the outer edges of the card and in the centers of the o's in the sentiment. Sentiment is by Hot Off the Press. The red ribbon was off of a Christmas package. The 2 roses on the side are Jolee's.

I hop that you will pop over to Michelle Perkett's challenge blog to see what some of my other team mates have done with this image. It is sure to be such a treat to see.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card and thanks for joining Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the big red bow.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello....super card for our challenge at craftycatz, thanks for joining us, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card - thank you so much for joining us on ABC Chalenge - Magical and Magical Mondays - Flowers these challenges

    Vicky - Angeldrummer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! I love the colors and the gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Fantastic Bow. Thank you for joining the Magical Mondays Flowers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari, you are so right. Red is so difficult but you did a beautiful job! It really is a stunning card.
    thanks for stopping by my blog during the Paper Pals blog hop, too. really appreciated your visit
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Mari! this is stunning! You have colored Rosie so beautifully and I love that gorgeous bow! Thank you for your inspiration for our Sat Spotlight!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and wonderful job coloring the image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card and fabulous image. Your red colouring is awesome. Thanks for playing along at Magical Monday
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore the image you have used and love the dp and the ribbon used too.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete