Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Harmony

Harmony - Hello Friends! This is a big release day for me. This makes my second posting of the day and I still have another post to do later this evening. So scroll down and see another card, using a different image by the creative Michelle Perkett and come back later to see my DT card for Creative Card Crew.

Harmony is one of Michelle Perkett's mermaids. I love her mermaids. She has many that you can get here at her Etsy shop, but 3 of us on the DT all choose Harmony to use for this weeks challenge; which is Mermaids Galore. Isn't that a great theme for Michelle's images?

My blue DP is Playtime from the Orbit collection by Cratepaper. Would you believe that the other side of this paper is monsters? The green and blue DT is by Miss Elisabeth. The bow is Dots and dashes, tied with my Bow Easy and I hung a little flower charm on it. The sea weed image is cut with my Cricut. I used an icon from the Dreams Come True cartridge and stretched the image using my Gpysy. The flowers were distorted, but I love the way the sea weed came out.

My image is Harmony by Michelle Perkett. I colored Harmony with Copic's and added some Star Dust Stickles to the water to make it sparkly. I used lots of gemstones.

Won't you color up one of Michelle's delightful mermaids and join us at Michelle Perkett's Studio?

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
http://www.magicalmondaychallenge.blogspot.com/ sketch
http://www.colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com/ #70 Aqua, Green, and Purple optional - Glitter www.creativecraftchallenges.blogspot.com distressed/vintage
http://www.creativecowgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/ anything goes
http://www.papersundaes.blogspot.com/ #68 magical and mythical

8 comments:

  1. Oow, Luscious!!! Thr colours you have chosen are just gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Cowgirls :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Mari! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, love the image. Thanks for joining in at creative craft, good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it so soft and subtle too thanks for joining us all at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow lovely use of the colours, thanks for joining us at colour create with your stunning card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mari, this is stunning! I love the hair color against her tail the colors are gorgeous and I love the crystals! Thank you for your amazing mermaid inspiration for our challenge this week!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! So beautiful and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Magical Monday Challenge!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampnandcreate.com
    Magical Monday Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the sparkle on her head!!
    Thanks for joining us at Colour Create.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete