Tuesday, December 18, 2012

So Koi

 So Koi - At Creative Card Crew we are challenging every to create a card/project with the theme of Chinese New Year.
 
I for one, am very excited about this challenge. Having lived in Japan and South Korea, it was always such a big deal to my friends of the host nation, so it is something that I though would be fun to focus a challenge on something that those of us who live in the West might not think about.
 

My image is Koi Grouping, with the cordinating Water Lillies Grouping stamp, by Mostly Animals. It has been a while since I have done old fashion stamping and masking, with so many beautiful digi's out there, I just don't do it very often.
 
I stamped using Memento black ink and colored the images with Copics. I added some fine glitter on the water to give it so sparkle. I am a little disappointed with the way it photographed. The lights have faded the colors.
 

My papers are DCVW Far East pad. The center circle actually has a dragon on it, but the image covers most of it. The circle was cut with SB Grand Decorative Circles One. You can get a lot of SB Grands from our sponsor Scrapping Center.

Totally Paper Crafts #147 Sketch


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie. This is so gorgeous. Your stamping/colouring and layout is awesome. The papers go so well. Thank you for sharing it with us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card indeed makes a nice change not to see all girley things thanks for sharing with us at Totally Papercratfs and best of luck sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete