Friday, February 21, 2014

Steam Punk Babe


Steam Punk Babe - Steam Punk is not my favorite style, but since it is the challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity, I tried my hand at it and I am pleased with the outcome. One thing about being on a design team is that it forces you to move out of your comfort zone and that is a good thing!

I hope you like my card as much as I do.

I started my card with some Tim Holtz designer paper, Vintage Shabby.  I inked everything with Frayed Burlap distress inks. I also used lots of pink Fran-tage embossing powder. Fran-tage is such a fun product to use.


My image is Steam Punk Vivian, by our sponsor, Sassy Studio Designs. I colored her with Copics and cut her with a SB die. I added some metal wings that I won in a challenge. I also used some cheese cloth under the cut image.


My flowers are made using the designer paper and cutting them with a SB Posy die. I stacked and wet them to  shape them around a paper piercer. I coiled some colored wire around a paintbrush to spiral it. I used a Bow Easy to tie the bow. 

The card was finished off with 3 lt coffee colored pearls.

Sketchy Colors #198 Sketch
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog #27 Lots of Layers
Craft Your Passion Challenges #201 Girly
Stamps Fun-Creativity #190 Bingo 3rd row down - Flowers, embossing (Fran-tage,) bow
Shopping Our Stash #139 Embellish
Paper Take Weekly Layers
Pinspirational Challenges #95 Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks #182 Wings - metal under image

Made Top 4 at Sketchy Colors!!! I can't tell you what an honor this is. I have drooled over their DT cards since I found them and felt that I would have "arrived" if I ever made their top 4, and now I have!

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love your coloring and all the added background elements. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous steam punk girl! Love your coloring!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Sketchy Colors. Good luck!

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing over at Lacy Sunshine, Kerry DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic. Great idea to steampunk with rosa.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolut amazing!
    Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card and beautiful colourizing on your image.
    thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so gorgeous - love your coloring talent!! Those "golden" wings are perfect for our challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks - thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at {PIN}spirational Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete