Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dance of the Fairies


Dance of the Fairies - Marilyn, one of my Michelle Perkett DT pals, made one of these and I wanted to give it a try as well. The tudorial for this can be found here. It is very easy to do. I would love to see you try it as well. The image is Michelle Perkett's nutcracker fairy. Michelle has some of the cutiest fairies. I colored her with Copics and used lots of stickles on her. The DP is one of the Dollar packs that I picked up at a Dollar Tree about 3 years. The challenge this week at Michelle Perketts challenge is "It's hip not to be square." The challenge blog has some really great shaped cards and you can see them here.
http://www.movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/ #66 fairies
http://www.theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/ #49 hot pink, turquios, rusty orange and chocolate brown
http://www.papersundaes.blogspot.com/ something from my stash Everything was from my stash!!!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Mari,
    Oh, I'm so happy you made the ornament, and it's gorgeous!!! I love the tulle attached to the back, and the image is perfect, love your coloring and all the glitter.
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet fairy, love her little sparkly dress! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun use of this weeks colors, cute fairy! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh... I love what you made. I had it in mind and didn't. Next time I will have made this too... giggle
    Thanks for sharing it with us at MPS.
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is brilliant, I love it Off to see the other ones now too. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Mari! Gorgeous colors and I love the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. prety little fairy. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute fairy, thanks for playing along at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Mari, this is so pretty and girly! I love the nutcracker fairy all in blue and your tulle is the perfect complimentary color with her! A gorgeous creation!! Thank you, Mari!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mari...this is such a cute entry for this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe...nice to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful ornament. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundae's this week and using something from your stash.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely project! Love the fairy and all the sparkles!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, just beautiful Mari, i love all the sparkle and that tulle looks amazing! I've started making one of these ornaments, can't wait till weekend to finish it now I've seen yours
    Thanks for joining us at MPS :-)
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is beautiful! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us MPS
    Shelley:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very sweet! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete