Monday, August 29, 2011

Pencil Box


Pencil Box - This week at Sew Many Challenges we are having a week of showing the new Fall images by Angela of Sew Many Cards. Today I get to show Marvin with Book. I love this image. Not only could he be used as a back to school image, but it would also be cute to use the book as a Bible. Marvin could then be a church mouse.

My card is actually a little pencil box. I found this pattern on line, but my computer locked up and I had to reboot it and was unable to find the site where I found it.

It is really simple to make. The belly band comes off and then the box opens up. I placed some things inside to show how big the opening is, but if you want it so fold flat, you would need to put something thinner in it.
My DP is Paper Studio's All Seasons paper pack. My punch is EK Success. and I added some Dew Drops.

My image is Marvin with Book and you can get it at Sew Many Cards.
Sketch Saturday #170 sketch
Creative Craft Challenges # anything but a card
cinspirations #126 Text on DP
For Fun Challenges Back to school
Dutch Dare - Card Challenges #127 anything but a card
Totally Paper Crafts #81 Back to School
All Sorts Challenge #118 Back to School
Just Us Girls Challenge #99 Back to School 3-D

17 comments:

  1. I like the way you have made this fun project.. Marvin is lovely he would look nice on a back to school card...
    Claire
    http://cardzbyclaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea love the concept of the folding card with a band to keep it closed ill have to try that...

    Thanks so much for joining in this week at Allsorts with our back to school theme....

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so cool Mari, love it! Great fold and such a cute image! Really pleased to see you join us at FOR FUN this week...do play along again soon.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO Cute! I love how you colored him. This project is awesome. Thnaks for playing along on For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is brilliant...I love it..
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what a fab project so glad I popped over from the Sew Many Challenge blog. I love the image it's gorgy and v cool. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic pencil box hun,thanks so much for joining us at dutch dare with our anything but a card challenge,
    good luck sandra DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A greta idea, love the colours you have used & the cute image.
    Thank you so much for entering my “back to school” challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation Mari.... thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges! Great to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful! And your image is adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
    xxMarie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of your card. It's so clever!! And how sad this little mouse looks :( Nearly got my tissues out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a neat fold. Like the ideal of a church mouse with a bible.

    Thanks for going "back to school" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you today as the new challenge was posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally amazing creation!! Love the cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at sketch saturday this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! What a great idea for a box/card! Really cute image too! Thanks for playing our Just Us Girls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is AWESOME!
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderfully cute idea. Someone is really going to enjoy that card! Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete