Tuesday, August 9, 2011

River Float

River Float - I have made a card using Michelle Perkett's Penelope. Penelope is so cute and I played around and created a background for her.

Every year our scout troop used to take a family camp out and float down the river. I think we floated the Red River, but I am not sure. It was always a lot of fun and so relaxing. The second year the boys turned my canoe up-side down with me in it!!! I got even by telling the boy responsible that now he was my special friend and I would hug him every time I seen him. This was the kiss of death for a pre-teen boy, so needless to say, he skirted around me the rest of the trip.

My DP is Fiskars and I inked the edges with Ranger's Concord distress ink. My flowers are stems that I cut off. The ribbon was a left over that was in my stash. The purple swirls were cut with my Cricut, Storybook cartridge. I inked and added some tiny gemstones. My fiber is Making Memories.


Penelope is colored with Copics and I added Stickles to her bow and swimsuit. I added a reflection in the water. I used Marianne Walker's tutorial to make the scene.

The challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio is Summertime fun and I hope that you will join in the fun there. Remember to enter the challenge you must use a Michelle Perkett image.

Deconstructing Jenn #13 sketch
Mami Doodles # Flowers
Copic Creations Make a scene
Paper Play Time #52 water

7 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous - I want to be her, with my feet up on a floatie lounging in the pool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid card, Mari! Beautiful coloring and I love the soft colors and textures. That's a funny story about the scout troop trip :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Mari, love it! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Mari...i adore those colours and the funky fibres look great!

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is she? She looks like she is having a ball in that pool. Thanks for playing with us Paper Playtime this week :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, what a cute little card! Thanks for joining us at Mami Doodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari what a gorgeous card and the soft colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete