Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thank You Rosie

Thank You Rosie - Today I am very sad as this is the last day for there to be a design team for Michelle Perkett Studio. Michelle has decided to take her work in a different direction and therefore dissolving the challenge blog. This bitter-sweet last challenge is "Thank-you," as Michelle wanted to thank all of us for being part of her team.

You will still be able to get her breathtaking images in her Etsy shop here. I have used Rosie as I think that her pose is a curtsy. I love this image, but Michelle has so many lovely images, that I don't think I ever got around to coloring her before.

For my card, I used Welcome Baby from Big Lots DP.
My flowers are Posey Patch Heartfelt Creations. I love that they have flower stamps and Spellbinders that go together. This way you can stamp, then have a perfect cut on the same flower. It took my some time to figure out how to match the die with the stamped image, but now I have one of those I can't believe how dense I was not to figure it out earlier. I sponged over them with gold (centers) and Rose Viva Decor Inka-gold. I love this stuff. It gives a metallic look to things. My yellow Swirls were cut using my Cricut and Accent Essencels cartridge. I then shaped my flowers and added another Viva Decor product, my Icy white Pearl Pen to make the little pearls in the centers. I also used the pearl pen to make the pearl swirls. All of this took some time, but I am pleased with the results.


My ribbon is MS and it has my sentiment on it. My image is Rosie and I colored her with Copics, the gave a lot Stickles. You can never have to much bling!!



Thank you Michelle for all of your lovely images and for your friendship! I will miss all of this terribly, but am so thankful to have had this opportunity to have been on this incredable journey with you!

Do You Stack Up #30 Thank You
Fussy and Fancy Challenge Use a lot of something (flowers)
Unscripted Sketches #120 sketch
Stampin Sisters In Christ #103 Try something you are "afraid" to do (flowers)
Corrosive Challenges By Janet #130 Girlie
Digital Tuesday Challenge #125 cute and girly
Paper Take Weekly Dies to die forLink

13 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! This card is amazing! The image is so cute, and the flowers, well, once again - amazing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Mari, it's been wonderful to be on the same DT as you! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty - love your flowers and all the glitter! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card love the details in the dress and the button flower embellishments are great. Thanks for joining Unscripted Sketches challenge week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Janet, I love the flowers they are really gorgoeus.

    Thanks for joining in with us at 'Fussy and Fancy'
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card Mari, lovely
    gorgeous little flowers
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    greetz
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty - love the pinny

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. Such a asweet image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, not only is she adorable but wow on those flowers! What a wonderful card and wonderful use of the Unscripted sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card! I love the flowers, the glitter and all the little details that you added. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty- i like all the flowers ! Thanks for joining us @ The Corrosive Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mari, this is so very very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Corrosive this week, and good luck in the draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, this is sooo pretty! Love the flowers and the sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

    ReplyDelete